Tuesday 20 March 2012

Warning: Hazardous Zone

Why?  Why did I even bother making an attempt at better organizing my card collection.  Sure, things looked bad the way they were before; cardboard boxes filled with random junk, towers of binders unevenly stacked against a wall and rows of stacked cards waited to be placed in a respectable spot that resembled the Himalayan mountains scattered my desk  - but now, now it looks like a bomb had gone off in my confined little collection space.


I thought it would be a neat idea to have a few open boxes on my desk filled with cards in penny sleeves, divided by player; in particular 'All-Star' players.  Got about a quarter into sorting and figured it wasn't going to work, I have just too many cards.

I mean in retrospect if I did manage to do as planned and divide my star players into boxes, I would still have a ton of cards without a home - unorganized, sloppy and taking up space.  I've seriously have purchased and done a few things in the hobby that would qualify me as a hockey card hoarder.

As of now I have no idea where I'm going to go as far as tackling this collection organization thing.  I really don't want to spend to much time on it, I would like to have the desk/space cleaned up pretty soon.  On the other hand I don't just want to tuck everything away without a rhyme or reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...