Thursday 26 July 2012

New Additions To My 1992-93 Upper Deck Set

1992-93 Upper Deck Series 1 Dominik Hasek #92

Found a local card shop selling 1992-93 Upper Deck Series I and II for about a buck a pack so I picked up a few to get my waxjunk fix.  I had a ton of 1992-93 Upper Deck as a kid, so when I  attempted to better organize my collection I decided to collate the rest of the set just for fun.  The base looks clean and there are a boatload of interesting subsets scattered throughout.  Here are a few of my favorites from the pack rips.

The Hasek card shown above is probably my favorite from the new additions; great photography on the front and back, before pulling it I had never seen it before.  Early in his career Hasek spent time as the backup netminder for Belfour - we all know what he later went on to achieve.


1992-93 Upper Deck Series 1 Dominik Hasek #92 (back)


Robb Stauber #495  Tom Draper #201 (back)  Tim Cheveldae #197 (back)
A threesome of nice cards; like I mentioned previously some of the back photography is much better than the front.

Dominic Roussel #31  Andrei Trefilov / Russian Stars #345 (back)
I liked Roussel as a kid, I don't even recall him being solid between the pipes but his white equipment looked kinda badass.  Another nice in action shot on the reverse of this Trefilov rookie card, I like to think that he was able to cover the puck.
Stefan Klockare / WJT Sweden #224  John Druce #205 (back)  Dave Christian #194
I like the swag this Stefan kid is showing on his card, all business - fan of the full visors as well!  Druce looking a little under the weather.  And a nice shot of Christian falling for the puck.

Good stuff, always love tearing up a pack of cards from my childhood - the cards and the players bring back a lot of memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...