Thursday 17 January 2013

Goalie Mask Food Issues

While sorting through my stack of boxes that I mentioned in a previous post, it came to me - I've always really liked food issued hockey stuff a lot more than I thought I did.

You don't see the NHL marketed on products as much nowadays as you would growing up during the 1980s through the 90s. Walking down a Kraft aisle at a grocery store was like taking a stroll through the Hockey Hall Of Fame.

I came across these neat Jell-O cards while picking through some stuff. I cut them out from packages of jelly mix nearly 25 years ago, I honestly can't believe I've been able to hold onto them for some long! But I can see why.

Released by Kraft Canada in 1995-96, these cards have been given the set title, 'Crease Keepers'. I thought they were pretty cool and highlight each goaltenders choice of mask during the 90s. Definitely a nice set for any goaltender or mask collector.




 

Soo what do you guys think?  What's your favorite mask design from the above 1995-96 food issues?

Personally I'm going to have to pick McLean's mask as my favorite from the group.  Flashiest would have to go to Lacher.  And well, Fiset and Kidd - they're all memorable during their era.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to go with Trevor Kidd. That mask is just too awesome! I remember thinking he was going to be an elite goalie, but obviously, that didn't happen. I have a small collection of his cards from the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    My name is Ryan and I co-own TheFarmClub.net. We are starting a hobby section and I think you would be a great fit for what we want to do. If you’re interested in details, please get back to me. I can be reached @ rwomeldorf@thefarmclub.net
    Thanks,
    Ryan
    Co-owner
    www.thefarmclub.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have some of these Jell-O cards, they are still attached to each other. I have seen these cards on one other site, and they are like yours, separate. How much are they worth if they have never been separated. I have the Mini ones I was told.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...