Monday 17 October 2011

1997-98 Upper Deck Collector's Choice Box Break

I recently broke another box of this 1997-98 Upper Deck Collector's Choice; found it in the aisles of Wal-Mart marked with a discounted price tag.   It's always fun opening these boxes - even if it is considered pure wax-junk, the nostalgic value is worth the pocket change that I shelled out for it.


Besides I'm pretty close to finishing off the set and it's always a joy/bonus when you pull something other than a StarQuest single star card.  I wish I could find more of these boxes around town.

I decided to only post the base cards from the break that I needed for my set, along with the inserts that I pulled.  Check out some cards under the jump.


Saku Koivu #129
Felix Potvin #252

Niklas Sundstrom #165 - Not that you should care but I signed this guy to my Be A GM team in NHL12; currently playing on the fourth line with Alexandre Daigle.  Sure, my franchise is almost like a pack of 1997-98 Upper Deck Collector's Choice.

Patrick Roy #56


Brendan Shanahan #76

Kenny Jonsson #159 - I see a theme in these last two; if anyone wants to start a 'hockey hugs' PC here's your starting cards.

Roman Hamrlik #240
Darren McCarty #83

Jere Lehtinen #74
Jean-Yves Roy #19
Tony Granato #218
Paul Coffey #189
Derian Hatcher #70


Theoren Fleury #40 - Nice camera angle, my favorite looking card from the break.  Looks like a save.

Mark Recchi #133


Geraldine Heaney #282
Therese Brisson #286


Wayne Gretzky / You Crash The Game #C1 - The Crash The Game cards look nice and simple, I'm happy that I managed to grab a Gretzky.

Owen Nolan / You Crash The Game #C30


Joe Sakic / StarQuest 2 Star #SQ63 - My favorite card from the break even if it is just a two star card.  Upper Deck missed on this one awarding one of the greatest leaders in the game just a double.

1 comment:

  1. Brendan Shanahan: "Man is it nice being out of Hartford, that rat-hole of a city"

    Geoff Sanderson: "You bastard"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...