Friday 24 February 2012

Mail Day! Trade With Shoeboxlegends

My wisdom teeth extraction is in t-minus 6 hours and I figured that I should finally post this trade I made with Shoeboxlegends almost five months ago, if however I should bleed to death in the dentist chair and never get the opportunity.  Also since the fact that I got around to gathering up my finds to send in return to Shoebox, I figured better late than never to show some collector courtesy.

Shoebox sent me some very nice cards to help complete a couple 2011-12 and 2010-11 sets that I had been working on as well as a few other cards that he figured I would enjoy.


Teemu Selanne 1993-94 Leaf Hat Trick Artists #3 - Love the hat trick insert set idea and the full-bleed photos featured on the cards.  Here`s Selanne in a Jets uniform streaking up the ice; he would light the lamp thrice in a game a total of five times during the 1992-93 season.



Mats Sundin 1992-93 Ultra Imports #25 - Another card from a `90s insert set, Mats Sundin in a Quebec Nordiques sweater.


Francois Leroux 1996-97 Pinnacle Be A Player #112 Autograph - Leroux was a big guy on the ice but also largely a talentless, dirty player most remembered for the cheap shot he laid on Pat Lafontaine.


Paul Kariya Keith Tkachuk Brad Boyes 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Materials Triple #3MKTB - A+ card that`s going straight ino my player collection.  Thanks Shoebox!


Guy Lafleur Mike Bossy Bryan Trottier Jean Pronovost Ted Bulley 1979-80 Topps Game Winning Goals Leaders #7


Sidney Crosby 2008-09 O-Pee-Chee Winter Classic Highlights #WC39 - And last but definitely not least, this beautiful Crosby Winter Classic short-print card from the Winter Classic.

Thanks again Shoebox for the cards, yours will be on the way- I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed them, good luck with the dental work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how that Leaf set had backs that featured the player superimposed across their team's home city skyline, as if they were Godzilla or some 100 foot monster.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...