Sunday, 12 February 2012

My National Hockey Card Day 2012 Experience

Well yesterday was the first year since getting into the hobby again that I participated in National Hockey Card Day; even brought along my fiance for the extra pack help.

The night before I took a few minutes and scoutted out the hobby stores in my area (using the list given on Upper Decks website) that were partaking in the event - weren't many listed to be honest, two stores actually.

The first hobby store I hit up wasn't even participating in the event, albit being a listed location on Upper Decks website - the guy was pretty straight up and slightly rude about it, claiming that they weren't doing it because they had to pay for the packs; understandable I guess but his tone and quick reaction to my question turned me off entirely.

Good enough!  Next stop was the Toys R' Us - their way of celebrating National Hockey Card Day was with a free oversized 2012 NHCD card with the purchase of any Upper Deck product.  Limited one per customer.

I picked up a $0.99 pack of 2008-09 Upper Deck Victory from a bin and claimed my oversized card:

#OS4 Mario Lemieux, my all-time favorite player.  The oversized card I had hoped to receive!
We then headed to the other (and final) hobby store with fingers crossed, to take our chances at a couple packs of National Hockey Card Day cards.  We were in luck!  We both received a pack; here's the breakdown - I am very pleased with the cards that I pulled from just these two packs as they featured all the players I had hoped to pull.


Wayne Gretzky / Heroes #11
Mark Messier / Heroes #14
Mario Lemieux / Heroes # 13


Robero Luongo / Pride Of Canada #8
Taylor Hall / Pride Of Canada # 6
P.K. Subban / Pride Of Canada #7

Jonathan Toews / Pride Of Canada # 10
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins / Rookies #2
Martin Brodeur / Heroes #15



7 comments:

  1. I managed to get Ryan-Nugent-Hopkins OS1,Roberto Luongo OS2,Wayne Gretzky OS5. I need Mario Lemieux OS4 and Jonathan Toews OS3. If anyone wants to trade reply here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Mario Lemieux OS for trade, perferably for Nugent-Hopkins OS. Email me at kyle_zaps91@hotmail.ca and write NHCD OS in title if interested.

      Thanks, Kyle

      Delete
    2. I have 2 of each, Toews & Lemieux.
      Want to trade for Hopkins & Luongo & Gretzky.
      Email me at gauvinrd@nb.sympatico.ca

      Thanks Rheal

      Delete
  2. Better than my luck. Got the exact same five cards from the pack I picked up and from the pack my wife picked up (I dragged her along with me to the card store just to get a second pack!) and no Mario included amongst those.

    Didn't realize Toys R Us was doing that promotion either. Good to know I have another Lemieux to track down! Congrats on getting the two Lemieuxs you needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have an extra Nugent-Hopkins for trade? If so, please email me at kyle_zaps91@hotmail.ca so we can work something out!

      Delete
  3. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals sent to your cell phone every day.

    Follow our signals NOW and profit up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you need to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Want your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...