Sunday 24 July 2011

2010-11 In The Game Between The Pipes

Don't be scared!  It's only Buddha granting a little luck on this pack of 2010-11 In The Game Between The Pipes I picked up along with the SP Authentic.


I like the idea of a goalie only set and had to try my luck with these when I saw them at the store.



#125 - Mikka Kiprusoff.
#102 - Devan Dubnyk.

#14 - Brad Thiessen.  Currently playing for the Penguins after an injury to Brent Johnson.  Has yet to see NHL ice time.


#93 - Cam Ward.
#133 - Peter Budaj.
#50 - Guillaume Nadeau.


MM33 - Marty Turco / Masked Men III Emerald xx/340.  I was blown away when I checked out the back of this card and realized that it said "1/1".  But after some research I found out that apparently it was an error produced by In The Game and that all the Emerald cards were printed with the odds 1/1 on the back instead of the actual xx/340 odds.

#148 - Murray Bannerman.  My favorite card from the pack, look at that lovely mask.  It still has a spooky feeling decades later.

Speaking of masks, my fellow hockey card blogger Michael over at Collecting For Kicks is having a 100th post contest where you design your own goalie mask, click here to check it out and sign up.  It will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with.

That`s all folks, not a bad pull in my opinion.  I can see myself buying these again in the future.  Especially like the `Greats of the Game`cards and curious as to what and who else is included in this Between The Pipes set.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch, that's a big mistake from In the Game. Think about it, that's 340 deflated collectors for each card in the set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it. In The Game is giving collectors an option to make their Emerald Masked Men cards more valuable by sending in 17 Emerald Mask Men Cards to redeem a Masked Men Game-Used Memorabilia card numbered to ten as a way to 'correct the mistake'.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...