Saturday 9 July 2011

Mail Day! 1991-92 O-Pee-Chee Premier

Happy Saturday everyone!

This mail day is a day late.  But I finally received this complete set of 1991-92 O-Pee-Chee Premier.  I picked it up for just a penny!  I thought it was a steal.

Here are a few of my favorite cards from the set.

Mario Lemieux. Mario in his prime.

Jaromir Jagr. Included the reverse of this card to show you guys an example of the '91 Canada Cup recognitions that O-Pee-Chee included on the cards of players who participated.  Thought it was neat.


Patrick Roy. Nice card in my opinion.  One of my favorite goalies all-time.

Wayne Gretzky. Still on that Gretzky kick.


Jaromir Jagr. One of only two players from this set who will be lacing their skates up next year. 

Pavel Bure. Future Hall of Famer, I really miss Bure.


Ed Belfour.  Probably my favorite card from the set.  Classic Belfour.

Jeremy Roenick.


Doug Weight.  Weights rookie card from the set along with team-mate Tony Amonte.  Not sure if that 'blurb' in the corner of the scan of the Amonte card is actually on the card or something from my scanner :/  Looks to me like a Boston jersey.

Stevie Y.

Theoren Fleury.
John Leclair.  Another rookie from the set.

Cam Neely.  Something about this card that I can't put my finger on...

Joe Sakic.

Sergei Fedorov.  Another one of my favorites from this set.  Lost a $1.00 bid on this card a few months ago, glad I did!

Ray Bourque.

Curtis Joseph.

Nicklas Lidstrom.  Lidstroms rookie card, possibly the most valuable card.  Lidstrom is the other player from this set who will see action next year.

Vladimir Konstantinov.


There are a few "Original 6" cards included towards the end of the set.  The reverse includes various records of the team featured on the front of the cards.  Here's Patrick Roy and Grant Fuhr.

Overall I'm very pleased. A few rookies and tons of all-stars in their primes included in a set of under 200 cards for just one cent.

2 comments:

  1. I remember building this set by hand. Packs started out very expensive as many dealers thought it would be as valuable as the 90-91, meanwhile OPC was printing them like they were money so as a result I think I paid for more than a penny for my set when it was all said and done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw well those memories are priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...