Friday, 6 April 2012

Random Pack Pulls Recap

Just wanted to post an update on a few cards that I've pulled from packs recently - I've been picking up packs here and there and have opened a couple blasters.  Sometimes lately I find myself in a sea of regret after buying packs because I think about how I could have put the money towards another card in my Ryane Clowe PC - especially with I don't land anything.  It's all - in the cards I suppose, pun intended, har har har.

Everything is up for trade.


2011-12 Panini Certified
Mirror Emerald Parallel #d 03/5
Sergei Bobrovsky #68

I've occasionally picked up a couple 2011-12 Panini Certified at the local hobby store hoping to pull something five star to use as trade bait or if I got really lucky, a PC hit.  This Bobrovsky is just numbered /5 but wasn't exactly what I was looking for.


2011-12 Panini Certified
Mirror Purple Parallel #d 03/10
David Booth #142

Another parallel card from Panini Certified.  Not sure why there's a Totally Silver background on the card as opposed to the Mirror background.


2011-12 Upper Deck Victory
Rookie Update
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins #289

Picked up a few packs of the second series from this seasons Upper Deck release and this was probably my favorite card from the rip.  A lot of nice rookies in the Victory Update.


2011-12 Panini Score
NHL Shield Die-Cuts
Alex Ovechkin #7

Score is fun to rip and easy on the wallet.  I like these NHL Shield Die-Cut cards and although Ovechkin hasn't has what many would call a superstar caliber year I think he still has a ton of mojo still left in his tank.


2011-12 Upper Deck Black Diamond
Quad Diamond
Sidney Crosby # 201

I applaude the use of NHL All-Star jerseys on cards; I remember the 1997 Upper Deck set had a load of base cards of players in that seasons All-Star jersey held in San Jose.  This Crosby card looks very nice in my opinion, maybe I'm just bias - he reminds me of some sort of Super Trooper.


2011-12 Upper Deck Black Diamond
Quad Diamond
Bobby Orr # 224

Quad diamond card of one of the greatest players to step out on the ice.  Again, lovin' the All-Star Game jerseys!

I picked up a couple of discounted 2008-09 Upper Deck MVP blasters in an attempt at filling the set several weeks ago as well.



2008-09 Upper Deck MVP
2 On 2 Jerseys
Eric Staal / Rod Brind 'Amour / Cam Ward / Justin Williams #J2-WBSW

Here's a 2 On 2 Jersey of a few guys from the Carolina Hurricanes, 4 swatch 2 colors.



2008-09 Upper Deck MVP
2 On 2 Jerseys
Ryan Getzlaf / Scott Niedermayer / Anze Kopitar / Jack Johnson #J2-NGKJ

And another 2 On 2 Jerseys card that I pulled from another blaster of Getzlaf and Niedermayer from the Ducks and on the other side Kopitar and Johnson, 4 swatch 3 colors.

That's about it for this post; everyone enjoy their Easter break (if you're one of those lucky ones who have it off, as for me - not so much).

4 comments:

  1. Any chance that Getzlaf could be had in a trade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I am trying to build my Ryane Clowe PC so any chance you have any of his cards? Drop me a line at bradparsons565 (at) hotmail.com

      Delete
  2. Quantum Binary Signals

    Professional trading signals delivered to your mobile phone every day.

    Start following our signals right now and gain up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...