Monday, 29 August 2011

2009-10 Upper Deck Hockey Series 2 Box Break

Hey guys, I picked up a random box of 2009-10 Upper Deck Series 2 for 50% off earlier today.  12 packs included in the box, 5 cards per pack. 


Out of the 60 cards I pulled I'll post my top ten favorites from the break under the cut.  Not a lot of hits in these boxes and the photography on most of the base cards look pretty flat.




Devan Dubnyk / Young Guns #462 - The best card from the break; how well Dubnyk will fair in the NHL is still up in the air but these days this card goes for about $5-11 on eBay.

Jordan Staal #299 - From the break I received three Penguins including Staal; Kunitz and Dupuis being the others.

Tyler Myers / Victory Rookie #303 - Upper Deck thought that it would be a grand idea to include cards from another set in these Upper Deck packs, I'm not sure how I feel about it - but I did pull a rookie card of one my favorite defencemen in the league.


Michael Grabner / Victory Rookie #339 - Grabner finished his rookie year with 34 goals and 52 points, his goal total led all rookies, as well as the Islanders.  The card includes a nice photo as well.

James Van Riemsdyk / Rookie Debut #RD2 - Meh.  Other than the fact I like Van Riemsdyk, the insert design doesn't do it for me.

Marian Hossa #361


Ilya Kovalchuk #330
Cam Ward / Playoff Performers #PP2
Patrick Marleau #402
Jakub Kindl / Young Guns #465

Overall I was sorta disappointed in the break, I was looking forward to pulling an auto or memotabilia card - but no dice.  But for a $12 pick-up I don't think I lost out, what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I like some of the RC and inserts you pulled...as for being disappointed with no men or autos, I learned to look past that...most of the time if you get yourself hyped up for a blaster it does;t work out...I just come to expect no hits and when one finally does come from a blaster its a special treat

    Nice post though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did alright, flagship Upper Deck is more about the Young Guns rookies than the hits. In fact, I don't think I've ever pulled a single auto from a flagship Upper Deck box in any year, hobby box or blaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quantum Binary Signals

    Professional trading signals sent to your cell phone every day.

    Start following our signals today & gain up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...